Corporate Tax Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 Depending on skills and experience
Reporting to Head of Tax
Our client is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, they continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for a passionate, qualified Corporate Tax Manager to take responsibility for all aspects of direct tax compliance at Argus Media. The Corporate Tax Manager will have responsibility for the timely and accurate submission of the corporate income tax returns in the multiple jurisdictions in which Argus has presence (excluding the Americas region). The Corporate Tax Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the timely preparation of the tax numbers required for the purposes of the annual statutory audit reporting process.
· Work with external advisors to prepare the corporate income tax returns in the UK, Singapore, South Africa, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, India and Japan.
· Manage external tax authority audits.
· Work with the Group Treasurer to manage payment on account requirements.
· Work with the global finance team to calculate accurate tax provisions and manage tax balances in the ERP (NetSuite) required for monthly management and external bank reporting.
· Perform transfer pricing calculations.
· Advise on WHT compliance.
· Prepare the consolidated tax provisions and current and deferred tax disclosures required for the annual statutory audit reporting purposes.
· Work closely with the finance team and tax team to increase efficiency and accuracy of existing tax reporting processes.
· Monitor permanent establishment (PE) risk.
· Support the Group Tax Manager with ad-hoc projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
· Holds a Chartered Accountancy qualification.
· Excellent understanding of GAAP and IFRS required.
· Top tier professional services background desirable.
· Highly motivated, hardworking, able to work in a fast-paced environment for an organization that has a matrix reporting structure.
· Partners well with people at all levels within the organization.
· Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can deliver on deadlines.
· Works with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary as part of a global tax team.
· Supports tax opportunities and implementation of programs and new projects, including supporting cross-border transactions.
· Experience with ERP systems (desirable).
Their rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. They recognise and reward successful performance and as an Investor in People, promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building success.
· Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
· Group pension scheme
· Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
· 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
· Subsidised gym membership
· Season ticket travel loans
· Cycle to work scheme
· Extensive internal and external training