Our client has specialised in providing tax efficient investment advice, and managing wealth for Americans around the world for over 25 years. They are one of the few wealth managers who actively welcome US clients and are both SEC (US) and FCA (UK) regulated. They have a strong track record of long-term investment advice for Americans in Europe and this has allowed them to take a long-term view on behalf of their US clients.
Within their tax and client management team they currently seek a US/UK tax technical manager who will lead a team of 2 and will be involved in a diverse range of tax, portfolio management, estate planning and tax reporting functions.
The role can be broken down into a few main areas as follows;
1. Onboarding client analysis - Analysing a client’s investment portfolio from a US/UK tax perspective and suggesting efficiencies.
2. Overseeing the tax reporting services functions. Managing a team to put together US/UK tax reporting packs for the firm’s clients. Packs include summary of year end information, capital gains, dividends, interest on client’s portfolio investment holdings. Liaising and building relationships with clients UK and international based tax advisers.
3. Reviewing tax treaties and QI (qualified intermediaries)
4. Review of client’s current portfolio from a tax perspective. Suggesting efficiencies
5. Understanding underlying structures and products, 401k's, IRA's, SIPP, ISA's
6. US/UK Estate Planning reviews and analysis (from a tax perspective)
To be suitable for this role you will need the following;
• A minimum of 5 years experience in US/UK private client tax.
• Strong understanding of non-domicile rules
• Strong understanding of US worldwide taxation
• Private client tax background
• Will need to hold an Enrolled Agent, ATT or ACCA qualification. CTA and STEP are desirable but not essential
• You will need to be a self-starter who has an appetite for a high pressured environment
• You will have the ability to pick up new concepts and ideas quickly.
• Foundation knowledge of how a wealth management business operates.
• Knowledge of Capitals gains rules, withholding tax rules, Estate planning experience
• Management of juniors
The firm offers an opportunity for a US/UK tax adviser a rare opportunity to leverage their experience and enter the highly rewarding wealth management sector. You will be well compensated with annual salary increases and bonuses linked to individual, team and overall business performance.