Internal – General Managers, Local Financial Managers and their teams, Head of Tax -Americas Region, Regional Finance Manager and his team, Global Tax team and others if required.
External – Tax Advisors, Legal advisors, Tax Authorities, External and Internal Auditors and others if required.
1. Review / Propose/ Apply/ Reinforce and Strengthen procedures and guidelines throughout the tax lifecycle, in Tax Accounting, Tax reporting, Tax compliance, Tax planning, Tax Risk management and Dispute Resolutions on Direct taxes, Indirect Taxes and Customs.
2. Responsible of the analysis and reporting of variances on Tax Accounting (Deferred Tax, IFRS, Local GAAPS and finance analysis) and its impact on Forecast.
3. To ensure 100% of accuracy and Tax compliance on Direct and Indirect and Direct Taxes.
4. Able to advise from the Puerto Rico basis, on International Tax implications on different structures and transactions between local affiliates and third parties or related parties resident abroad.
5. Able to manage, lead and be responsible of the strategy to be followed before any Tax Audits, Tax
requirements or Tax litigation cases (related not only to Direct Taxes but also indirect taxes and Customs).
6. Able to communicate effectively to different level of the organization.
7. Lead the internal tax reviews & internal tax processes implemented across the region.
8. Support the Head of Tax Americas Region on all different projects, tax planning strategies or initiatives developed for the Americas Region, keeping focused on the areas of Tax Research and Tax Risk Assessments, Tax Planning and posterior follow up of the tax compliance process implemented (if any).
9. Attend all internal and external tax audits requirements providing accurate and timely information.
- Degree in Accounting\Finance or Business Administrator
- CPA a Plus
- Experience in accounting, finance or controlling
- Experience in Deferred Tax, IFRS, external & internal audits. Experience in tax management, and tax audits and
communication before Tax Administrations.
- Preferably with experience in international commerce
- Preferably with experience in tax litigation cases and dispute resolution
- Audit experience is preferred in public accounting firm or audit firm.
- Well experienced in Internal Controls & Finance analysis.
- Experience with Finance reporting, analysis of the business, budget and forecasts.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Problem solving & results oriented
- Organized and capable to handle effectively different projects in parallel
- Handling of ERP tools
- Computer knowledge (in special MS Office: Excel, Access)
- Tax/ legal/ Finance risk assessment- oriented
- Strongly organized and structured
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage deadlines and adapt rapidly to changes
- Capacity to work hands on when needed.
- Analytical skills on complex matters (Financial & Tax & Legal tax )
- Good relationship skills & capacity to work with different areas and seniority levels.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written & presentation skills
- Ability to identify impacts, summarize issues and provide recommendations within a dynamic environment