Change Public Practice are working with a leading Scottish independent CA firm to assist them in the growth of their tax department with the hire of a Corporate Tax Assistant. Whilst previous corporate tax experience would be beneficial, those who are looking to progress their career within tax will considered.
This business is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and business advisors who advise high calibre clients across all sectors in Scotland and offer expert business insights at every opportunity. This role will give you the opportunity to develop your career within a business that focuses on not only hiring, but also retaining, high calibre members of staff and offers excellent benefits including the recent addition of their flexible working policy which includes early finishes on Friday for all members of staff. This role will also include study support for any tax / CA qualification that you would like to undertake.
Responsibilities will include:
· Gather appropriate information to complete tax returns from the following: HMRC, Banks, Clients and other internal departments
· Prepare tax returns and ensure that they are completed accurately
· Draft tax computations and assist with consultancy projects on an ad hoc basis
· Assist with the training of others / other departments on tax issues that affect their clients
· Ensure that all deadlines are met for client work
· Communicate potential issues to the manager, including providing regular progress updates to both manager and client on work being completed
· Previous experience working with basic corporate tax computations would be beneficial but those who would like to develop in this area will also be considered
· Must be able to demonstrate strong numerical skills, great communication skills and a desire to develop a career within tax
· A degree in Accountancy & Finance would also be beneficial but not essential