MOORE STEPHENS EMERSON GmbH is a local Swiss Firm specializing in US Taxation. The original firm was established in 2006, however through the merger with the US firm Moore Stephens Doeren Mayhew in 2017, our growing firm has become part of the world-wide network of the Moore Stephens companies. In 2018 a subsidiary in London was established.
In Zurich/Switzerland, we offer full service US tax compliance and consulting services to US persons abroad and foreign persons with a US connection. In addition, our team works with various Swiss and foreign businesses, trustees, banks, law firms and financial advisors to assist them with US tax planning and compliance, including Fatca and corporate taxation matters.
We are currently looking for a
US Tax Consultant (US Individual Expat Tax Preparer).
We offer a flexible and challenging international working environment, where hands-on approach and teamwork is appreciated. Your work/life balance is important to us and we foster growth, training and career advancement and support international exchange programs. Please consult our website www.msemerson.com for more information about the Swiss firm.
The candidate needs to have worked at least 2 - 3 years in an US individual tax compliance function, actually preparing the returns and handling issues for US clients living abroad. We offer an exciting position in Zurich/Switzerland with lots of responsibilities and independent and challenging work.
The position involves understanding local Swiss tax returns and working on a variety of US tax issues, including Federal and State tax compliance for individual US citizens and green card holders, as well as for beneficiaries of foreign trusts. After an appropriate introduction period to become familiar with local expat and Swiss tax issues you will be joining our managers to meet with new and existing clients, discuss their situations and prepare their tax returns.
- Native English speaker or absolutely fluent in English
- German knowledge would be very helpful.
- You will be expected to attend German language courses to get basic skills
- Proficient Excel knowledge
- Office applications and ideally worked with CCH Pro System FX.
- University Degree achieved in USA, CANADA or EUROPE
- Preferably with an accounting major
- CPA degree or EA or in preparation for it
At least 3 years of full-time compliance work experience within a US individual tax group
3 years of working experience is the minimum requirement to get a Swiss work permit if you do not possess an EU or Swiss nationality.
- Permanent local position with a long term career plan
- International English speaking team
- Salary level depending on experience
- Performance based bonus program
- Generous retirement and insurance benefits
- Some relocation assistance will be granted
- Financial help with German language training
- 5 weeks of vacation
If your background matches our job description, please send your résumé directly to Ms Ulli WIDMER email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to call +41 43 433 10 40 if you have questions.