We are currently partnered with a prestigious internal Law firm who are looking for an Employment and Expatriate Tax (Global Mobility) Advisor to join their London team on a 12-month maternity cover FTC (start date ASAP). The successful candidate will ideally be working at Assistant Manager or early Manager equivalent and come from a Big 4 or Top 10 UK firm.
- Supporting the Employment and Expatriate Tax Manager to manage UK and international employee tax risks for the firm.
- Providing tax and social security advice to the firm in relation to international secondments, particularly relating to tax residence, double taxation treaties, payroll and tax filing requirements in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Preparing tax and social security cost projections and using these to help the firm identify appropriate structures.
- Assisting the Head of International Tax Team to determine the implications of new office openings and employees working in new locations.
- Applying the firm's tax equalisation policy, including communicating the implications to secondees, partners and the wider firm.
- Assisting the Employment and Expatriate Tax Manager to review and improve current processes across the Tax and International Mobility teams
- Preparing UK tax returns for a portfolio of secondees/transferees, both based in the UK and overseas, to be reviewed by the Employment and Expatriate Tax Manager.
- Working with the International Mobility team to identify the internationally mobile employee population requiring tax assistance and advise appropriate wording for secondment contracts.
- Holding one to one tax briefings with secondees/transferees leaving and coming to the UK and dealing with queries regarding their tax affairs.
- Communicating with HMRC on behalf of the firm and individual employees.
- Preparing the annual Short Term Business Visitor report.
- Liaising with Big 4 service providers responsible for providing advice and compliance services outside of the UK.
- Keeping updated with UK and international tax and social security developments by attending training and seeking updates from trusted sources.
- Contributing to preparation of the firm's PAYE Settlement Agreement.
For more information, contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners or apply now through etaxjobs.