We are looking for a qualified Tax Accountant to be responsible for all aspects of the Firm's tax compliance for the UK and for non-UK Group entities, partners and seconded staff; to support the Head of Partnership Tax in relation to various projects; and to deal with ad-hoc enquires and requests relating to partnership tax and related matters.
* Preparation of the LLP's Partnership Tax Computations & Tax Returns
* Liaising with third-party advisers in relation to the Group's various Companies for the preparation of the Corporation Tax Computations and Returns
* Managing CT payments on account
* Preparation of the tax disclosure note in the accounts of the LLP and in Hong Kong on an annual basis
* Responsible for managing the year-end close for tax purposes of the Italian office
* Preparation of Partners' Self-Assessment Tax Returns annually and ensuring timely payment
* Liaising with third-party advisers for joining and leaving partners to ensure smooth handover
* Managing partner tax reserves and partner tax accounts, reconciling these and keeping them up-to-date
* Responsible for various other tax account balances held within the Elite general ledger
* Preparation of Closing Statements for departing partners; liaising with the Finance and HR teams to ensure these Statements are prepared accurately and on a timely basis
* Liaising with internal and external payroll providers to process payrolls for offices in Australia, Singapore, Japan and the BVI
* Providing advice on the tax and social security implications for internationally mobile partners and employees
* Liaising with third party advisers to complete year end entity and employee tax filings for offices in Australia, Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong
* GST and payroll filings for Australian office
* Responsible for managing tax affairs for partners in international offices, including preparation of new partners' cashflow statements, reconciling tax postings for current partners, and providing tax support for leaving partners.
* Assisting in various ad hoc projects and planning for the Group as they arise
Qualifications & Skills
* CTA/ACA qualification
* International Partnership tax experience essential
* Experience of preparing UK Self-Assessment Tax Returns
* Knowledge of tax reserving in professional partnerships required
* Accounting experience desirable
* Knowledge of CCH Personal Tax and Elite preferred
* Experience of working in an in-house role within a professional services partnership preferred.
* Highly PC literate particularly with good Excel and database management experience
* Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach
* First class written and verbal communication skills
* Able to influence and build strong working relationships with internal clients and colleagues in a collaborative and supportive manner
* Commercial aptitude with a modern, pro-active approach.
* The energy and enthusiasm to move projects forward
* A hands-on approach to problem solving