To develop and implement a global VAT strategy, encompassing Advisory, Compliance and Planning workstreams, providing appropriate support on key strategic and regulatory matters. To share best practice with regulators and government agencies. To ensure there is an effective Tax Risk Management and Assurance Framework in place.
* Develop, communicate and implement the VAT strategy for the GB&M line of business. Engage effectively with key stakeholders, driving change at pace
* Lead the cross-collaboration with global indirect tax key stakeholders for VAT
* To continually reassess the VAT risks inherent in the GBM business line
* Attending industry body meetings in place of Head of VAT where necessary
* Assisting with the development and maintenance of processes and controls over indirect tax
* Effectively engage with GBM tax team to ensure VAT and other taxes are aligned on key matters.
* Support Head of VAT in developing and implementing the VAT strategy and Target Operating Model
* Drive and lead VAT strategic change within the Tax Change Committee
* Development and implementation of a robust tax risk management and assurance framework
* Global Banking & Markets is an emerging markets led and financing focused business, providing tailored solutions to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide. It has offices in over 60 countries and territories.
* The role requires the direct provision of tax advice through interpretation of the ever changing and fast moving legislation and statutory requirements and is not one that merely co-ordinates the provision of external advice. The role therefore requires a very detailed technical knowledge of VAT and its practical implementation to provide support for lines of business. The successful management of VAT also requires an exceptionally clear understanding of customer and business needs and expectations.
* The role holder is required to be forward thinking and innovative without compromising compliance with tax regulations. The job holder should have necessary skills to analyse data and review/ maintain ERP systems.
* The role holder will report to the Head of VAT but will be expected to work autonomously and only refer to the Head of VAT on major areas of policy where appropriate.
Management of Risk
* The role holder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business
* 5 years PQE experience with at least 2 years relevant industry expertise - essential
* ACA or equivalent relevant professional qualification
* Strong Communication skills
* IT literate