Michael Page Tax are working exclusively on a newly created, Tax position for Clarion Housing. This will give the successful applicant a strategic position within Clarion's Tax Team including responsibility for a direct report. The position partners with a range of key internal and external stakeholders, and will see you working closely with the Head of Tax to deliver strategic and operational responsibilities within the tax department.
Details about the Client
Clarion Housing Group is the largest housing association in the United Kingdom with over 125,000 homes, as well as plans to develop 50,000 new homes in the next 10 years. Clarion Housing Group formed in 2016, following the merger between two of the country's largest housing associations, Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing Group. A highly commercial organisation, with a mix of public and private money to provide affordable homes, overwhelmingly for people who can't meet their housing needs on the open market. The £1.1 billion set aside for development shows their appetite to further grow and develop.
Detailed Job Description
Woking closely with the Head of Tax and other senior stakeholders in the overall management of the tax affairs of the group, ensuring compliance and management of risk as well as advising the group on the tax implications of new developments and best possible structure.
Principle accountabilities include:
• A bias towards tax advisory work although will also be required to manage the delivery of the compliance and reporting work.
• Act as the main point of contact for tax for the development and finance teams. This will include responding quickly to tax queries from the group and requests for input into investment committee appraisals.
• Building relationships with key stakeholders within the business as well as developing a strong working relationship with the group's tax advisors and HMRC.
• Working closely with the Head of Taxation, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of complex group tax projects and liaising with tax advisors and lawyers on complex transactions.
• Responsible for ensuring that the group's tax compliance obligations are met within the required deadlines.
• To support the Head of Taxation in developing, delivering and maintaining the group tax strategy and risk register.
• Seek ways to improve tax risk management and compliance processes.
• To support the Head of Taxation in delivering training to increase tax awareness in the wider business.
The ideal candidate will have:
• CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
• Extensive exposure to real estate tax issues
• Up to date tax knowledge e.g. VAT, corporation tax, SDLT, CIS
• Experience of liaising with HMRC advisors on complex tax issues
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence internally
• Able to manage the delivery of multiple projects within a pressurised environment.
• To be proficient in operating IT systems, including Outlook, Word and Excel
What's on offer
Up to £70,000 with a highly competitive package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPET13855534Z
Closing Date: 12/10/2017