Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager
Cambridge; Highly Competitive Salary Dependent on experience
Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager for Ensors to be based in their fast growing Cambridge office.
About the Firm
Ensors are an award winning chartered accountants and tax adviser which consists of 15 Partners and 200 team members split over their six offices across East Anglia. The firm have a superb track record of success, promotions and extremely exciting plans for future growth. The firm continues to see significant growth in their portfolio of corporate clients, and are seeking a tax professional to be involved in the service delivery for this.
The role holder will be working within a growing team and will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients. They will complete tax returns as well as motivating and training junior tax team members. Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting the senior members of the Corporate Tax team in providing compliance and advisory services to a portfolio of clients.
• Advise on tax issues where competent to do so, and refer to Supervisor or other relevant Line Manager(s) where appropriate in order to complete all aspects of a tax file.
• Involvement in planning client work including reviewing clients’ affairs for tax planning opportunities.
• Review and supervise Tax Trainee work, where appropriate, providing timely, consistent and constructive feedback on an informal basis.
• Ensure every client, where appropriate, has been advised of measures they can take to reduce their Tax liability.
The ideal candidate will be ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA Qualified with at least three years’ experience that includes corporate tax compliance. Ideally you will be from a Medium sized or Top 40 Accountancy Firm. You will also show good signs of leadership skills developed within previous roles and have a strong desire to develop these.
Essential skills include: Corporate Tax return experience. The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients. Strong communication skills and a desire to develop and progress.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Rutherford Briant Recruitment